We're excited to announce the newest addition to our healing team. Bluegrass Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine is now located at White Willow! Holly Christiansen, board-certified and licensed acupuncturist, is available on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.
What is acupuncture?
Acupuncture, a form of centuries-old Chinese medicine, is good for every body. Not only does it keep the body and mind healthy, it's also relaxing. Yep, you heard that right. acupuncture is relaxing. Both Charley and Arielle have acupuncture regularly and we often recommend it for a lot of our massage clients. As you might expect, the big question is usually "But doesn't it hurt?" Nope! Well, maybe sometimes, but just a little. The needles are tiny. Almost hair-thin. Sometimes there's a quick sting when the needles hit a good spot, but only for a second. That's it! If you have a needle phobia, don't worry, you can still benefit from Chinese medicine. Traditional Chinese Medicine is more than just needles; there's also Chinese herbs, cupping, and moxibustion, and other healing treatments.
We massage therapists are no experts at Chinese medicine, so to learn more, you should hear it from the acupuncturist directly. The following information is taken directly from Bluegrass Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine:
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is used to treat a wide variety of health concerns at Bluegrass Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine. TCM has been used successfully for thousands of years and is known to help:
chronic & acute pain (low back, mid-back, hip, sciatic, neuropathic, shoulder, neck, knee, ankle, elbow, hand, finger, arthritis, degenerative joint disorder, herniated discs, sprains, strains, fractures, etc.)
- migraines & headaches
- stress, depression, anxiety, ADD, ADHD, over-thinking, over-worrying
- menstrual issues, PCOS, spotting, amenorrhea, fertility issues (known or otherwise), PMS, PMMD, menopause related issues, hot flashes, night sweats, etc.
- skin issues, rashes, urticaria, acne, eczema, etc.
- gastrointestinal issues, IBS, Crohn's, Celiac, heartburn, gas, bloating, inflammation, allergies, sensitivities, weight issues, eating disorders, etc.
- chemotherapy/radiation side-effects, nausea, anemia
- flus, colds, viruses, immune system strengthening, jet-lag
TCM is a holistic medicine, so it treats the entire body and promotes healing from the inside out.
Next time you're in the office, be sure to say hello to Holly!